Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Sweet Husband

So this year as you know Mother's Day was May 10th...as most of you know that is also the day our son, Brecken, was born 9 yrs ago. Mother's Day is always a hard day for me due to the fact of the loss of Brecken but also cause it is usually so close to his "birthday".
Patrick is the sweetest husband and more than I could ever ask for. He has always remembered Mother's Day; I usually get a card and breakfast etc... This yr knowing that Mother's Day coincided with Brecken's "birthday" he went all out. Pat had to work on Saturday but when he came home around 2:30pm he said I'm hopping in the shower, while I'm in there pack us an overnight bag.
I immediately started questioning and he said just do it! Patrick had booked us a room at a local hotel...when I say local I mean only about 10 miles from our home. The room was beautiful but the best part about the whole thing was when we first checked in and entered the room there on the living room table was a vase of flowers a bear and card. On his lunch he had ran off base and took them to the hotel so they were there waiting for me.
After checking in and going to the room he then took me to dinner @ TGI Fridays. The hotel has a water park so after dinner we went there. The pass for the water park was good the rest of that night and the next morning until 10:30. Sunday morning we got up, had breakfast and went to the water park again. We went back to the room and got ready for church, checked out of the hotel and then went for a drive before heading to church (probably the only positive thing about 1 pm church). What a wonderful Mother's Day provided by my WONDERFUL husband. Thank you Patrick!! I love you!!!


These are the gifts Pat gave me.

Thank you for all the wishes and cards that were sent from family and friends...you know who you are. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. Glad that you had a good day. Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! what a great husband to remember and plan that far ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive