Any of you that read my mom's blog know that she, my niece Helen and our long time friend Margie were just here visiting.
They arrived on Saturday, May 30th in the evening and left in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday, June 6th. We did many things from visiting the Badlands, Wall Drug, Hill City, Keystone, Deadwood and Storybook Island to touring a B-1 Bomber, going swimming, bowling, miniature golfing, shopping and eating out many times. While Mom, Margie and I went to Deadwood Helen and Uncle Pat had a date to Chuck E Cheese. It was a fun filled week!!!
I am so grateful to Jayson and Lori allowing there first born to travel with her grandma. It was nice to see Helen and spend time with her and see what a beautiful, smart and thoughtful young lady she is becoming. I had much fun playing with Helen's hair each morning as well. I am also thankful to Margie and her husband Boyd...I appreciate that mom had another adult with her on the long drive out. Not to mention that Margie has been like a second mom to me for my entire life! It is always wonderful to see and spend time with my mom, we just can't seem to get enough of each other :0)
I just have to share something so sweet...when we arrived at the visitor center of the Badlands Helen had money that she could spend. While walking around looking at things I thought for sure being 6 1/2 yrs old that she would find some sort of treasure for herself, boy was I wrong. After exploring for about 5 minutes she walked over to a display and pointed at something and said "Oh, I need to get this for my mom, she would just love it." I told her OK and we picked it up; from there she proceeded to find something for her dad. Once that was done she started looking for something for her brother and sister. I was so amazed at her thoughtfulness; most children her age knowing they had money to spend would have found for themselves first...good job mom and dad on teaching her to be thoughtful/mindful of others and Christlike!!!
I will include a slide show as many pictures were taken this past week; some really beautiful ones and some not so good ones. Please forgive me mom and Margie if I post some that you do not like :0) It's all in fun!!
As the title states "Summer Is Here and So Are The Visitors" that is not being said with any exaggeration. On the 17th of June Pat's mom and dad, Christy and Art, will be here to visit for a week. Sometime the beginning of July friends, Larry and LeeAnn(another "second or third" mom), are possibly coming out for a few days and then the second week in July Justin, Lisa, Natasha and Patricia are trying to make it out. It will be a busy summer...anyone else?
Please know that all and any are welcome to come visit us; hopefully not all at once though, we do only have a two bedroom home. We enjoy seeing our many family and friends. Just give us at least a few days notice.
Sorry there are so many slide shows...Max of 50 pics per show. I had over 640 pics to choose from. :0)
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















Very fun...wish I could make a trip out there along with everyone else...Love Ya
ReplyDeleteI really had a great time there in South Dakota. Thanks for spending a lot on us. The water park, lunch at Wall Drug, Cosmos. You went all out on us. Have a good week with your in-laws. Love ya.
ReplyDelete