So this past week has just been just like any other week. Sleep, work, eat and repeat. We did have one thing change, Pat started on mid-shift again (11pm - 7am), which is always a blast! He has no problem staying awake at work he just has issues coming home and going to sleep in the daylight. Pat is also going to physical therapy for his hand twice a week; his appointments are @ either 10am or 11am which cut right into the middle of his sleep time. He is averaging 4-5 hours of sleep per day...any of you that know Pat well, understand that is just not enough for him. It is always an adjustment for both of us...most of you know that I am not a night owl, never have been, never will be. I usually crash for the evening by 8:30 - 9:00, being awake at 10:30pm to make Pat's lunch (this has to be done this late so that his sandwich does not become soggy before he eats it - he has a very sensitive gag reflex) and to tell him goodnight, I love you, have a Great day/night at work is just not my thing...the things we do for the ones we love! Pat prefers the swing shift (for work purposes), I prefer that he works day shift (so we can see each other besides on just the weekends)...boy, what I would give for him to go back to swing shift at this point! Now that I have been so negative I guess I should point out the positive...I don't have to fight for covers at night. Ok, I tried but still not feeling the balance here. Oh well, life, what do you do?
Today being Martin Luther King Jr. Day and not having to go into work I plan on CLEANING my house! What a disaster it is, you would think that for two adults we shouldn't have any issues keeping it clean, right? WRONG! It is amazing to me how quickly things start to pile up for two of us. Well with that in mind and it still being fairly early I'm going to end for now and get a good head start on the cleaning before Pat gets out of bed (he didn't have to work last night due to the Holiday...he came to bed @ 3:30am, the reason I am up at this hour on my day off).
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Thanks for the email. I wish that we lived closer to each other. I really do miss you!!
ReplyDeleteManda