Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introduction

This as you can tell is my very first blog. Not quite certain how well I will keep things updated but my goal is to post at least once a week.
To start out I will do a quick introduction/run down of us. After this I will mostly post current happenings in our lives.
Patrick and I have been married for just over 9 years. We met in June of 1996 and quickly became great friends. We had our first date in July, he asked me to be his wife in August and then he left to serve a mission the following February. As you can tell I "waited". You know what they say "Good things come to those who wait". I found that to be true!
Shortly after being married we became pregnant. Our due date was September 20, 2000. Unfortunately on May 10, 2000 our son, Brecken Scott Gailey, was stillborn @ 22 gestational weeks due to the umbilical cord being wrapped several times around his neck. Although his loss has been hard over the years we have the knowledge of Eternal Families.
Patrick enlisted in the US Air Force in October 2003. This is what brought us to South Dakota. Pat works as a crew chief on the B-1 Bomber. Although it was hard to leave family and friends behind in Utah we have made many new great friends while being here; some have already moved on and others are still here just as we are!
When we first moved here I did Family Home Childcare in our home...I will leave it at "What an Experience"! Currently I am working for Black Hills Federal Credit Union, definitely a change of pace from Washington High School Young Parents Unit in Ogden, Utah where I worked for 9 1/2 yrs. I do enjoy my job...most days; well the days that you only get 1 or 2 ornery members instead of a whole handful. I have been with the credit union for 2 1/2 yrs now. When I hit 3 yrs. I get a certificate of recognition...woohoo!
On December 19th right before we went home for Christmas, Pat re-enlisted for another 6 yrs. Looks like we will be here for a while. This is not a bad thing, as mentioned before we have made many great friends and there are many things to see and do here. We are also only about 10 1/2 hrs away from "Home" (Utah) by car.
Well there it is, my first official post! A brief history of us. Hope that you enjoy this and feel that through the blog you can keep tabs on us.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you started a blog!!! I feel that I can keep in touch with you. Can't wait to see the up coming posts.

    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive