Monday, April 19, 2010

It's only been just over two months...

So the last couple of months have been a major roller coaster ride for me. Life is good and going up then all of a sudden boom I'm down.
First of all Pat and I were given some very devastating news about having the family we have always wanted. Looks like it would have to be a miracle for it to happen.
Next thanks to my wonderful pity party/giving up fit over the first news Pat and I had much tension between us. Which by the way we are good now but just as we started getting to that point my grandmother passed away. Yes grandma was 91 and after living 13 1/2 yrs without grandpa was probably more than ready. Although I'm happy for her to be with grandpa, her parents and other family members again it was still a tough time. The hardest part about it was watching my mother handle her feelings considering grandma passed the week before Easter which is the same week my father died just two years ago. Luckily I was able to make it to Utah for her funeral.
I go to the doctor for my diabetes check up and although I have continued to lose weight even during my last month of struggles my diabetes numbers are going up...NOT GOOD!
Next our nephew David flew out here to go to Denver with Pat for the opening Rockies game as well as game 2. They had a blast! Although Pat and David spent the majority of the time together I was also blessed to spend some time with him. While David and Pat were in Denver together I was blessed to spend 3 full days with 7 of our other nieces and nephews. Here's the schedule as happened...

Wed. April 7th @ 11:20am - I pick David up at the airport. Same day @ 3:30 We go to the Shult home to take Melanie to the airport so she can go see Mark graduate from NCO Academy. Thus me spending time with some of our other nieces and nephews.

Thurs. April 8th - Get up, get kids off to school. Pat and I take David, Hunter and Tyler to Chuck E Cheese for lunch while the other 5 are in school. Kids come home from school; homework, piano and chores are done. David and Pat come to the Shult home for dinner then head back to our house to get ready to leave for Denver in the morning.

Fri. April 9th - Pat and David stop by the Shult home @ 3:30am to tell me good-bye as they head for Denver. Get up to get kids off to school. Hunter, Tyler and I run a couple of errands and then all laid down for nap. Kids come home from school; again homework, piano and chores are done. We head to Dakota Party downtown to get "Welcome Home" and "Congratulations" banners and balloons for their parents who will be home the next day. Stop at Shoppette, rent "Imagine That" for movie night. Make homemade pizza for dinner then ate plenty of popcorn and candy while watching movie. Pat and David made it to Denver in time to see the 1pm opening day game then checked into hotel, went to dinner, went to Target to buy swimming suits, back to hotel to swim and then to bed.

Sat. April 10th - Make 3 layer triple chocolate cake with chocolate icing with Katie and Madde for parents homecoming. After breakfast all children make a poster for their parents to hang on garage with banners previously mentioned. Lunch, then Justin, Hunter and Tyler took naps while Katie, Madde, Tofer and Lexana helped hang banners and signs on the garage. After nap kids play outside until dinner. Have dinner then baths. Put youngest 3 to bed, allowing oldest 4 to stay up and wait for mom and dad. Tofer was the only one awake at 11:30pm when they came in.
Pat and David meet up with Jen and Mike Timmer for lunch at Casa Bonita then go to game 2 of the Rockies. The game went 14 innings! Afterwards they went to IHOP where David was crashed before they got there. Went back to hotel to sleep.

Sun. April 11th - I got home around 12:30am, was not tired so I stayed up until 2am. Got up @ 7am to go to church. David and Pat head home around 9am. On the way home Pat drove David to see Crazy Horse Monument. They arrived home around 4:30. Went to Applebees for dinner and got to hear all about Denver and the fun they had. Enjoyed watching Pat and David interact and yet sat there also thinking about how Brecken would be the same age. Kind of bittersweet. Came home where Pat and David played video games and fought...made me laugh!

Mon. April 12th - Pat and I took David to see Mt. Rushmore where he had fun trying to pick George Washington's nose. Came home to another night of video gaming and fighting (friendly competitive fighting). I packed so I could leave to drive David home to Utah the next day.

So day by day of the fun while David was here and while I was with the Shult children...wait, here comes the down side of the roller coaster again.

David and I get up and out the door to head to UT by 5am. Making great time, should make it to Utah by 4pm, just in time for David to get to his baseball game. Reached Casper, WY by 9am. Stopped to fill up gas tank and use the facilities. Klutz, me, trips over the gas hose and down I go...I think my right arm is broken. Could not even put the key in the ignition. David had to as well as start the vehicle. Pull over to the store part of the station and go in tell them I fell and think I broke my arm. Was told this is how you go to the hospital...drove myself to the hospital. Checked in to the ER of Wyoming Medical Center @ 9:40 am. Dislocated shoulder...AAAGGGHHHH! Seriously! Call Pat, he is now getting extended leave approved to come and rescue us. Although I am drugged and my shoulder is put back in place and I'm not to drive and my husband is not there yet the hospital releases me at 3:05pm. David and I go sit/sleep in the car until Pat gets there at 4:45pm. Two vehicles now in Casper...drive very carefully to the WalMart with Pat close behind. Get prescription filled and leave his truck parked in the lot and head to Utah around 7pm. Get David home at 1:30am and arrive @ my mom's place @ 2:45 am. Oh yeah while I was in the hospital my friendly little "monthly" visitor arrives...I CAN'T USE MY RIGHT ARM...GO AWAY!
We stayed in Utah just for Wednesday and were on the road by 4am Thursday as Pat has school @ 5pm...he'd already missed Tuesday's class. Pat drove most of the way to Casper...I drove partial due to having to do it once we were to Casper anyways. Arrived in Casper, went into WalMart to potty then stopped at a different gas station to top of both vehicles...BTW, Pat fueled the vehicles, I was not going there. Pat followed me from Casper to home. Was not taking an pain meds as they were narcotics and all I needed was to be pulled over and them see some of the prescription missing. OUCH!

Made it home by 3:30pm thankfully Melanie and Mark brought dinner to us when we got home so Pat had a chance to eat before going to school. I crashed while he was at school. Friday morning, life starts back as normal!

OK, not sure what the Lord wanted me to learn the last two months but here is what I have learned. First of all, all things are in the Lord's time not ours and that He has a plan for us that may be different than ours. Second, we can have great family relationships even if it is not through blood...I already knew this considering all of our "other" nieces and nephews that are not through blood but I have a had a GREAT reminder lately especially with our newest 7 nieces and nephews. We love you guys so much!! Third, sometimes you need to slow down to appreciate all you have and to allow others to serve you and if you choose not to the Lord may help you do so. Fourth, the Lord's view on what I can handle is a lot different than my view. And, finally last but definitely not least how much the Atonement means to me.

I will end just by saying how thankful I am at the knowledge that the Lord loves me and is mindful of me. I'm thankful for the Atonement in my life and the blessings it gives me. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband (who lately has to help me put on my bra, do up my pants after using the restroom, brush my hair etc...). I'm thankful for my family (both mine and Pat's) for encouraging and loving words when I'm feeling so stupid for being a klutz. I am truly thankful for wonderful friends(or in other words, other family) who are willing to bring in dinner and do anything they can to help including lending their shoulders to cry on and take time from their families to do so. I pray that all my family and friends know how much I love and appreciate them.

I will try and post some pics of Denver soon!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy. I was sad to hear that you hurt yourself but glad to hear that you are being taken care of. Hope that you heal up real quick! I miss you guys, take care! Love Ya,
    Manda

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive