Thursday we rode the 1880 train from Hill City to Keystone, where we had lunch and spent a couple of hours and then caught the train for the return trip back to Hill City. We spent about an hour more in Hill City and then drove back to Keystone to head up to Mt Rushmore for the evening lighting of the mountain and program.
Friday was a little less filled, Pat took his parents to the Air and Space Museum just off base and then they went on a tour of the base. I stayed home and prepared salads for the evening BBQ. No sitting at home for us, after dinner we took in a movie "The Soloist" at the base theater. Saturday we headed to Deadwood where we were in and out of the casinos and shops. We had a very nice dinner at Jake's Restaurant at the Midnight Star Casino (owned by Kevin Costner). When I state nice, I'm definitely not exaggerating...prices were up there and you had several utensils when you were first seated (if I remember correctly 6 or 7) and then several more utensils with each course of the meal. At this restaurant you were given a small ball of Mango Sorbet to cleanse your palate between your salad/bread before your meal. Extremely nice meal, service and overall experience but something Pat and I are definitely not used to. One funny thing that happened while we were there included a knife...yes a knife! Each course is brought out separately and as already discussed different utensils and then cleared before the next course. Well not our waitress, but our table clearer/drink filler/bread re-filler missed one of Christy's knives when one course was cleared...no big deal right? WRONG!!! As she passed she saw the knife out of the corner of her eye, well Christy's arm was in the way for her to grab it and it would have just messed the whole schedule up. You think this girl was going to lose her job for leaving that knife, she was all of a sudden passing our table watching that knife, waiting for an opportune time to grab it. We were all very amused by this. You may think I'm kidding but I'm not, when it was time to clear the next course she grabbed that knife first. Dinner being done we headed down Main St. where a stage was set up in the middle of the road...it was "Wild Bill Days" we were able to see Glen Campbell perform, I think he was a bit tipsy, made the show a little more interesting!
Pat had to go back to work on Monday, which worked cause it allowed Christy and Art to do laundry and get packed since the next day they were headed to Minnesota for another couple days of vacation. Pat, Christy and Art all went and played a round of golf after Pat returned home from work, dinner that night was at home.
Tuesday was here before we knew it...I guess the saying "Time sure flies when you're having fun" is true.
Our friends that were to come this week had a change of plans for family reasons, we are still waiting to hear if my brother and his family will be here on the 12th, health issues may be the cause of them not coming...oh well, guess we'll wait and see.






Wow seems like you had an exciting time.
ReplyDelete