Monday, March 23, 2009

Not another Blizzard!

Seriously yesterday it was 79 outside and today we are @ 18 with blowing snow. Pat played golf on Saturday for goodness sake!! I will post a couple of pictures of Pat heading out the door for his first time going golfing since he was about 15. He just bought a set of golf clubs and all the accessories. :)





Back to the weather...I went to work this morning as it was not yet snowing just BLOWING wind, I'm talking the kind where you have both hands on the wheel and still have a hard time staying in just one lane. I get to work right at 8 am and by 8:30 I'm receiving a phone call from Pat stating they are closing the base you should probably head home. Nice, I just took a loan application for a member, need to process that; plus it is still just sprinkling in Rapid, looking out the window I'm thinking yeah right my boss is going to believe that I need to head home. Funny thing is all schools had already closed...they had cancelled school for ALL area schools by 6am as we have been being warned about this blizzard for almost a week now.
I went and spoke with Connie letting her know the situation, telling her that I would finish up the app I had just taken and then would head out. Connie although slightly skeptical about it being so bad at the base already due to local news online postings, was ok with me leaving. I left around 9:20 it was still just raining...by the time I was just about 3 miles away from work it started hailing. My tires started spinning not wanting me to go anywhere after stopping at the stop sign right outside the base, the rest of the way home it was slipping and sliding. Good thing I left when I did.
Now looking out my deck doors I can't see a thing, the screen doors are covered. Looks like another couple of days stuck in the house. I called work at not quite 2:30, it finally got bad in Rapid so they are closing the credit union. YEAH...I will be paid 2.5 hrs that will not come out of my PPL!!
The wonderful reason to live in South Dakota, one day SUMMER, the very next day WINTER!!!! No need to ever put your summer clothes or winter clothes away, just keep them all in a drawer together. :)

1 comment:

Blog Archive